Friday, December 9, 2011

A Few of my BLUE Favorite Things


So yesterday was my first ever blog post (which is probably pretty evident, but that's okay).  I have always wanted to blog and things in the corporate grind have been really down right now... so that first post was exhilarating! It was something new that I was passionate about... sometimes it feels like I left that side of me somewhere when I graduated started working and it feels like a long time since I have felt this excited and engaged in something!
 ... and because of that BLUE has been on my mind A LOT today... so while the blog will not always be blue-centric (I promise), today I thought I would share some of my favorite BLUE things.

I took a couple of shots with my iPhone to show you my collection of blue items I gathered from around my room.  (I am close to being eligible for the upgrade, but until that time, I still the 3GS and the less than optimal camera!)
Starting at the top left and working clockwise:

1. My Blue Stone Necklace
My sister and I designed this together and she made it.  I love the unique shape of each of the stones and the peaceful color blue.  It is a fun three strand piece that goes AMAZINGLY with a white shirt and camel colored cardigan!

2. Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid
This little blue bottle is the LBD (little black dress) of hair products-- it's useful for a million different scenarios and is my go to product in every hair situation! As a girl with curly hair living in Houston, TX where the humidity has as much to do with the big hair as the culture, this product is my lifesaver.  It keeps my hair from getting frizzy or overworked whether I am going curly or strait.  This awesome little bottle has lasted me forever.  And as a sneaky little hint, it works great on wet hair, BUT also great on dry, especially on the ends!

3. H&M Bronzing Powder
So this is not the reason I bought it, but I do LOVE the Royal Blue of the casing!  I got this due to being out when on a trip to San Fransico, but it has since replaced my old bronzer.  It works really well and goes on smooth without being too dark.  I love that it is matte and has no shine, because most bronzers have too much for me.  Also, like all things H&M it's an AMAZING value, this big case of it was only like 3 or 4 bucks!

This is probably as good as time as any to admit that I love H&M and will probably mention it entirely too much in this blog.

4. Blue Stone Necklace
I love the raw look of the stone mixed with the upscale gold of the necklace.  The blue really is a pop and is a fun surprise element with both neutral and bright bold outfits. 

5. Victoria Secret's Island Escape Sheer Fragrance Mist
This light body spray has a very sweet, coconut scent that always reminds me of summer.  I like to wear it especially as it gets dreary in the winter.  I am also really big into mixing scents and LOVE to pair this one with the very bright and very citrus-y notes of the Dove Energizing GoFresh Body Mist (i.e. the yellow one)!

6. The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
This is Book 2 in the Heroes of Olympus series.  I am a huge Riordan fan starting with his Percy Jackson series.  If you haven't read it, it is a really fun read and tells the story of the Percy Jackson a hero for the Olympian Gods of Ancient Greek as they exist in the world today.  I am re-reading the two books of this new series right now and am dying for the next!

7. My Blue and Gold Drop Earrings
These earrings are so perfectly classic without being overdone!  I got these from an Art Market when my husband and I were in Hawaii on our honeymoon.  The blue is a very aquamarine color and are very subtle in their tone when the light comes through them.  I will find the designers name and post when I next get a chance!

8. See You Soon Nail Polish by Sinful Colors
This is a VERY deep blue color that I love and looks great for an understated punk rock look (which is always what I am going for at my conservative office :) ).  It has a pearl glaze and plenty of sparkle that keep it from skewing too black.  The best part is that this brand, Sinful Colors, is at Walgreens for 2 bucks. Since I get too bored with nail polish too quickly to buy the expensive stuff I am a huge fan!  

(By the way 8 is my lucky number and I didn't actually plan to have 8 things it just magically worked out that way!)

So the Bright Side of Blue today was in fact BLUE!  A perfect set of 8 things I love!







No comments:

Post a Comment